From Wiki: "Corporatocracy is a term used to indicate an economic and political system controlled by corporations or corporate interests... The term was used by author John Perkins in his 2004 book Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, where he claimed that a "corporatocracy" exists, involving tacitly coordinated corporations, banks, and governments. This collective is known as what author C Wright Mills would call the Power Elite. The Power Elite are wealthy individuals who hold prominent positions in Corporatocracies. These individuals control the process of determining society's economic and political policies."
- "Her Majesty The Queen In Right Of New Zealand", The Corporation we know colloquially as "New Zealand". Note: because our country is a corporation it has standing in Her Majesty's law court as a Fictional Entity in Law.... EXACTLY the SAME STATUS that you and I have in law.
- "Mighty River Power", Listed Company, therefore IS a Corporation
- "First New Zealand Capital Securities". Sounds like a bank or some sort of a financial organisation. Corporation.
- "Credit Suisse" (Australia) Limited. Corporation. Another banking/ financial institution... Not from around here.
- "Goldman Sachs". Corporation. BIG HUGE HUNGRY BANKSTERS !!!! Purportely, one of John Key's former associates in world banking, NZ's current Prime Minister:
- "Macquarie Securities (NZ) Limited". Corporation. The (NZ) in brackets makes me think that this is another multi-national giant. "Securities". Isn't that where they pull "numbers out of thin air" and call it "Money" ???? .... like when you sign your Mortgage and then your Mortgage (with the signature.... that's the IMPORTANT bit) is sold of to a financial institution.... possibly an institution like "Macquarie Securities (NZ) Limited" who then "securitizes" your Mortgage.... ie: the Bank turns your pretend loan into pretend "dollars" by "securitizing" it, ie: has the amount paid in full, since they know YOU'RE going to be paying your Mortgage x3 or x4 anyway, depending on your interest rate, even though a "securities" company have already paid the bank for it in return for the paperwork.
- Her Majesty the Queen in right of New Zealand acting by and through her Minister of Finance and Minister for State Owned Enterprises
- HSBC Nominees (New Zealand) Limited 87,089,500 6.2%
- JP Morgan Chase Bank NA 33,440,000 2.4%
- National Nominees Limited 28,107,244 2.0%
- The Trustees Executors and Agency Company of NZ Ltd 19,391,924 1.4%
- BNP Paribas Nominees (NZ) Limited 18,119,051 1.3%
- BNP Paribas Securities Services 16,079,075 1.1%
- HSBC Custody Nominees (Australia) Limited 15,282,048 1.1%
- NZ Superannuation Fund Nominees Ltd 12,800,954 0.9%
- Custodial Services Ltd 8,209,572 0.6%
- JP Morgan Nominees Australia Limited 7,997,145 0.6%
- JB Were (NZ) Nominees Ltd 7,041,305 0.5%
- UBS Securities Australia Limited 6,933,333 0.5%
- Credit Suisse AG Sydney Branch – Client Account 6,760,000 0.5%
- FNZ Custodians Ltd 6,364,350 0.5%
- Forsyth Barr Custodians Ltd 6,171,836 0.4%
- Frsyth Barr Ltd 5,662,635 0.4%
- First NZ Capital Securities – Equity Account 5,556,937 0.4%
- ANZ New Zealand Securities Limited 4,399,505 0.3%
- Citicorp Nominees Pty Limited 4,360,737 0.3%
Mighty River hydro generation down 34 per cent
It appears that, for all of John Key's attempts at flogging off a major electricity generation company to his former corporation mates, something in the mix is NOT flying. Share prices continue to fall. One of Mighty River Power's retailers, "Genesis Energy" is seeing an exodus of end users at the first quarter of 2014. It will be very interesting to see how all of this plays out.